Monday, July 2, 2012

One Month!

Sob. My baby boy CANNOT be 1 month old already. We've really noticed in the past few days, he's so much more interactive and has been staying awake for longer stretches of time. I guess the "newborn" is wearing off and he's becoming an infant before our very eyes!
 Preston - The first month of your life was really hard, but really fun and rewarding. You were so tiny when you were born and you are growing so fast, it's incredible. Your legs are starting to get chunky and you are sporting the cutest double chin I've ever seen.
 You are a very good sleeper - taking 1 to 2 hour naps during the day and going 4 to 5 hours at night (which your Dad and I thank you for!) You have to be swaddled for sleeping because your crazy hands and arms wake you up. As soon as we swaddle you, you get so relaxed and pretty much fall right to sleep.
You are eating like a champ. One day, you ate 32 ounces of formula. That's what a 4 month old eats! Most days, you are drinking 6-7 bottles a day with 4 ounces each. You HATE burping - you scream your head off when we take you away from the bottle to burp. Hoping that gets better because it makes for a rough feeding at 3am with all that screaming!
 You aren't really on a "schedule" but you do tend to eat at the same times each day. Normally you will take a bottle around 8pm, then again around midnight, 3:30-4:30am and then you typically wake up for the day around 7:30am. So your dad and I count that as only 1 middle of the night feeding, which we're pretty happy about. Morning is your most awake time - you normally stay awake for 2-3 hours after you wake up and we play and do tummy time.
 You LOVE tummy time. You would lay on your stomach for hours if I let you and you are getting really good at picking your head up and moving it from side to side. You also kick your legs like crazy and have even scooted yourself off your mat with all your kicking. This week you also grabbed onto one of the hanging toys on your play gym and held it for several minutes. You were in shock when you did that and made the most hilarious face.
 You LOVE to be worn in the baby carrier and going for walks. However, when it's time to get out of the carrier, you are not a happy camper. I think you just like being all snuggled in and also the motion of being worn, so when that stops, you get really mad. I wore you to Target the other day and you let me shop for over an hour without even making a peep! You've also been to the farmers market in the carrier and snoozed to the blue grass band that was playing there.
 You seem to like all the crazy songs I make up for you and sing all day. We jam out to the Jack Johnson Pandora station pretty much all day and you definitely like the chill surfer vibe music. You are also a big fan of Rhianna and Britney Spears (but don't tell your dad!)
 You get the hiccups constantly - at least 4 to 5 times a day. You had them in my belly a lot too, so I'm not surprised. I get the hiccups multiple times a day as well, so I guess you take after me with that. You also sneeze at least 3-4 times in a row, which is something you get from your dad!
You also gave us your first real SMILES in the last week! You will look me right in the eye and grin so big - it melts my heart! You have given dad a few as well, which he was super excited about. There's nothing better than a gummy baby smile to make your day better!

This first month FLEW by and I know the rest will too! Slow down baby boy!!

3 comments:

MCW said...

I can't wait to see how he grows and changes over the year!

Natalie said...

Aww! He looks wonderful! This makes me even more excited to meet our little guy this month!

P*P*P said...

SO sweet!!!! Love all the photos and I am LOVING that awesome quilt you have in the last pictures!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs