Wednesday, May 23, 2012

An Interesting TURN of events

Much to EVERYONE'S (including my entire midwives office) surprise, Baby Boy FLIPPED HEAD DOWN sometime in the last 7 days. When we went last week for my 38 week check up, he was definitely head up and chillin'. Yesterday at my 39 week check up, the midwife sort of jokingly asked if I thought he had flipped. I gave her a look and said "no, I haven't felt anything weird and I'm still feeling this big lump of a head up under my ribs".

Well they always confirm his position with an ultrasound and as soon as she put the wand on my belly, she started laughing. J and I were confused and thought something was wrong - until she said "He Flipped!!!"

I don't think either of us could speak. I may have even said "you've got to be f'ing kidding me???". Then we all (the midwife included) started laughing and crying at the same time. It was crazy to see - he is head down, super low and engaged - he's basically ready to go! J was joking that he's a "late bloomer" and I think he just wanted to wait until he was ready, even if it came down to the wire! We have quite an independent, stubborn child on our hand's already!

So the c-section we had scheduled FOR TOMORROW is officially cancelled! It's sort of weird because we had everything planned to meet him tomorrow, but now he could come at anytime - might be tomorrow, might be 2 weeks from now!!

She also told me I'm 2-3 centimeters dilated and 75% effaced, which I know can mean nothing in terms of when he's coming, but it does make me excited that my body is gearing up for all of this!

Now we're officially on "baby watch" and I'm doing every home remedy I can think of to start getting things moving. We went out for super spicy Thai food last night to celebrate his flippage and then walked and walked and walked around our neighborhood (Spencer is quite excited that she'll be getting so many walks over the next few days!)

Here is my 39 week BUMP from yesterday before we went out to dinner - I think you can tell how excited I am about no c-section!
 Baby Countdown is ON!

6 comments:

MCW said...

That is such great news! I guess that lump you were feeling was his rear???

I remember walking around the Columbia mall for hours with my mother and little sister trying to jump start Brother's labor!

KatiePerk said...

Hooray! I know you are happy!! The Charleston lore, is to ride down a cobblestone street!!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

SO happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby boy!!

agalandherdog said...

Great news! You look adorable!

Always Organizing said...

Wonderful news!!!! Hope that baby boy gets here soon :)

Anonymous said...

That's SO awesome! YAY! Glad he flipped.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs