Sunday, April 22, 2012

Current State of the Nursery

So we're at the magical 35/35 mark today - 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days to go. Things just got real people! A MONTH!?!?! Yikes! We've been trudging along on house and nursery projects and crossing things off my list (which makes me a very happy mommy-to-be!)

Here's the current state of the nursery - these are NOT "after" pics...there is definitely still work that needs to be done, but I'm happy that most of the big projects are done and there's just some organization and last minute touches to add.

 Baby Boy's monogram will go above the crib, but since we're not sharing his name (or even his initials) until he's born, the panels I made are currently hidden underneath the crib and will be hung once he's here. Oh and definitely need to install that car seat this week!
 Curtains that I "made" - I bought the navy black out curtains from Target and then added the yellow chevron to the bottom. The side table next to the rocker still needs a coat of paint - either yellow or white!
 Both curtain panels and the large armoire that my dad actually built. I love all the extra storage. We need to get a small mirror to hang on the front where that white space is. The bookcase is a Pottery Barn knockoff from Target ($50!)
 Our craigslist dresser turned changing table. The basket next to it is for laundry and it has the cutest chalkboard label.
 Close up of the changing table set up. I made a pinwheel mobile (if I get motivated, I will post a tutorial!) and it came out pretty cute.
 Another view of the rocker and curtains
My free printable art! I found all 3 of these for free, downloaded and printed them and popped them into $5 Michael's frame. Love a $15 custom art project!

So that's what Baby Boy's nursery looks like right now - I feel pretty good about it since only a week ago, it was pure chaos. All his clothes/blankets/towels are all washed and organized in the dresser and closet. I love seeing our list shrink as we count the days until little man's arrival!

11 comments:

Annie said...

Soooo cute! It turned out wonderfully!

Natalie said...

Looks beautiful! Would you mind sharing where you found the printables?

Sunkissed and Southern said...

Love all this!

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow, it's looking good! Love the colors!

agalandherdog said...

Everything looks amazing! We've just started the nursery decorating process and I can't wait to dive in once we find out the baby's sex tomorrow!

Posh Peach said...

So adorable!! Everything is precious and I love that so many pieces were lovingly made by you. It makes is so special! Can't wait for him to arrive!

P*P*P said...

Looking FABULOUS!!! Love all of your sweet details!

L Kraft said...

The room is so adorable. I just wanted to let you know I have been using the Cooshee Changer for 2+ years now with my daughter and it is my favorite baby items as well. You will not be disappointed. That thing is worth it's weight in gold if you ask me!

Kate said...

I just love this nursery! The navy and yellow combination is too cute!

Jane said...

Hello Kim!

I couldn't find anywhere to contact you so I'm resorting to a comment--I apologize! My name is Jane Moesser and I work with Shabby Apple. We are a vintage inspired online clothing boutique(www.shabbyapple.com). I recently heard about your blog here and I loved it! You have such a great eye for design.

We'd like to work with you to host a gift card giveaway for your readers. If you think this would be something you'd be interested in, we'd love to hear from you and get started. Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Jane Moesser
Shabby Apple

Heather Allen said...

Love the free printables. You remember where you found those, looking for some for my sons nursery. Your little boy is adorable by the way, congratualtions!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs